Thursday, May 8, 2008
Oh Boy! Alligators!!!!!!!
Since Oscar picked out our last campsite, I thought it only fair this one was my turn. I found a Texas State Park called Brazos Bend. Prehistoric people visited this area around 300 BC and even now, ancient-like critters roam freely about . . . we're talkin' GATORS! They must be all over 'cause on the park map it even tells ya how to interact with them.
- ABSOLUTELY DO NOT! feed or annoy the alligators.
- If an alligator goes after the fish you have caught, cut the line and let the alligator have the fish.
- Avoid any alligator sunning itself in the middle of the trail.
- If an alligator opens its mouth and hisses, you have come too close.
- Keep pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Do not throw objects in the water for your pet to retrieve.
I read these rules to Oscar and said "Won't that be fun, Oscar?" He gave me a big smile and said "S_s_sure, Pete." I dunno . . . he didn't sound all that convincing to me. Perhaps he might want to stay home with the Collins family.